- The race is based in Clun, Shropshire. The HQ, start/finish and transition for the race will be at Clun Memorial Hall, Clun, Shropshire, SY7 8NY.
- The race will be on Sun 7 Oct 2018. Hard Fort / Short Fort / Half Marathon will start at 8am. The cyclosportives will start at 8.45am. Depending on numbers there may be a number of waves. You will be notified of this prior to race day.
- The distances are as follows:
Hard Fort Duathlon – Run 1: 20km / Bike: 91km / Run 2: 11km
Short Fort Duathlon – Run 1: 12km / Bike: 56km / Run 2: 6km
Half Marathon – 21.1km
Sportive – 56km / 91km
- All races are challenging with both run and bike courses offering tough sections of climbing. The run courses include both road and off road terrain, the off road is in a forest area with varying terrain and will take runners to the summit of Bury Ditches Hill Fort. The bike course is all on road. The climbing in both the bike and the run are tough and will be a test for all athletes.
Entry prices can be found on our How To Enter page.
To enter the race visit the ‘How To Enter’ section on the website and follow instructions. Entry to the race is online only.
Online entry is being managed by Race Space.
- Yes we will be offering a relay option for both duathlons. Just fill in the relevant boxes when entering.
- The minimum age for entry for all events is 18yrs old on the day of the race.
You will compete in the age group that you are in on the day of the race.
- No. The race will be run under British Triathlon rules and regulations. A copy of these can be found on the British Triathlon website.
You will pick up your race entry pack at the race venue. This can be done either on Sat 6 October or on the morning of the race.
Full details of where, when and how to pick up your registration pack will be announced approximately 1 month before the race day.
- The transition area is where the athlete transfers from one sport to the next. Only athletes are allowed in the transition area and identification will need to be presented to the transition marshalls in order to gain access to the transition area. Each athlete will be allocated a rack to use and they will then find themselves an area to set up their own space. Bikes will be racked in alternating facing directions to save space. We ask that you do not bring any more equipment into the transition area than you need and that you respect the other athletes space.
- Yes. Run 1 = 3hrs after race start (11am), Run 1 & Bike = 7hrs 30mins after race start (3.30pm). Total = 9hrs 30mins after race start (5.30pm)
- Due to the nature of the run we would suggest that you consider wearing trail running shoes, or at least monitor weather conditions and if there has been significant rain in the lead up to the race then a standard running shoe may not give the optimal amount of grip. The bike course would be suitable for either a road or a time trial bike. Mountain bikes will not be permitted for the duathlon. You must wear a helmet to race. No Helmet = No Race!!!
- Only for the Hard Fort & Short Fort Duathlons and Half Marathon. There will be prizes for age group winners. Full details of prizes will be announced closer to race day.
If you are unable to attend you need to let us know ASAP. We offer a 75% refund if notified by 23rd September. We do not offer deferrals.
Absolutely, we will encourage athletes to bring family and friends with them. Due to the challenging nature of the duathlon and half marathon in particular, athletes will benefit from support from friends and family.
For all other queries, please get in touch.